F I N E J E W E L R Y & L U X U R Y A C C E S S O R I E S I S A N I N V E S T M E N T
Take good care of your fine jewelry investment and luxury accessories. When "Properly" taking care of your fine jewelry pieces and luxury accessories; it actually goes up in value. It is also a generational heir-loom piece, that can be gifted to the next generation's.
J E W E L R Y C A R E
S T O R I N G J E W E L R Y
Here is some information on how to care for your jewelry and about the jewelry that includes precious gemstones, crystals, diamonds, metals, and etc. When you are not wearing Baddest Bish Ever Fine Jewelry, it should be stored in an airtight plastic, silk or velvet bag. This will prevent tarnishing and scratching.
W H E N W E A R I N G Y O U R J E W E L R Y
Exposure to water, lotions, body oils, cosmetics, perfumes, excessive heat and humidity and cleaning agents may cause discoloration and affect the finish of the jewelry.
H O W T O C L E A N Y O U R J E W E L R Y
After much research, we have found that polishing papers work best to restore luster to our sterling silver pieces. Sterling silver pieces can be cleaned best with our polishing paper. Unfortunately, gold plated jewelry cannot be cleaned.
M A T E R I A L S
M E T A L S
Jewelry is cast in sterling silver, 24KT, 16KT, and 14KT gold plate over brass, Pewter, Rhodium or Rose Gold and 925 Sterling Silver. Plating is bonded to brass with palladium (from the platinum family), creating a quality, long-wearing plate with proper care. Ear wires do not contain brass, instead remaining gold vermeil (sterling silver with 24kt gold overlay).
All Gold: Brass (base metal), then a layer of Palladium (one of the PGM’s, platinum group metals), 20 mils of Gold, matte All Silver: Sterling Silver .925, matte and slightly oxidized in order to make any designs pop. Some larger styles are brass (such as our cuffs) with a Palladium layer and 20 mils of Silver plating. Gunmetal in 2 ways: Oxidized sterling silver or plating layer of Ruthenium (over palladium, over brass), matte Rose Gold: Brass, layer of Palladium, Gold, 5 mils Rose Gold, matte Rose gold alloy composition: 58.5% gold, 32.5% copper, 9% silver *mil = 1/1000of an inch.
All Gold does slowly tarnish over time and 14K gold will tarnish less quickly than 18K. ... Gold is a natural element and thus both 14K and 18K alloys will be affected by harsh chemicals like chlorine and cleaning agents.
T Y P E S O F G O L D
- Yellow Gold - Pure Gold + Zinc, and Copper Alloy Metals
- White Gold - Pure Gold + Silver/Nickle, Manganese/Palladium = Gunpowder Colour to Achieve Platinum Like White and Has To Be Rhodium Coated
- 22KT & 24KT Gold - Pure Gold + Silver/Nickle, Manganese/Palladium = Gunpowder Colour to Achieve Platinum Like White and Has To Be Rhodium Coated and 24K gold is 100% pure. 22K jewelry is a little more durable than 24K since it is mixed with harder metals like copper or silver. Only pure or 24K gold stays shiny, and it does not rust, discolor or tarnish as pure gold is the least reactive chemical element. But pure gold or 24 karat gold is too soft to be used in jewelry so it is usually alloyed with other base metals. ... Real gold jewelry can sometimes tarnish or become black and discolor. 24 karat gold contains 24 parts pure gold. 22 karat gold contains 22 parts gold and 2 parts of other metals added as alloy. ... 18 karat gold contains 18 parts pure gold with 6 parts of other metals added. In the West the karat is expressed in fineness.
- 18KT Gold - 18K contains 75% gold and 25% alloyed metals.
- 14KT is 58% gold and 42% alloyed metals
Note: 18 Karat & 24 Karat Gold although beautiful and brilliant in color; it's a very soft metal and has to be combined with other metals to maintain stability. A karat is 1/24 part of pure gold by weight, so 24-karat gold is pure gold. To find the percentage of gold in an object when the purity is stated in karats, multiply the number of karats by 100 and divide by 24. ... Alternatively, the fineness is the amount of gold in parts per 1,000, so pure gold has a fineness of 1,000.
The disadvantage of 24K gold jewelry is that it can break and is scratched easily. Also, since 24K is pure gold, it is usually a tad more expensive than 22K or 18K. 22K jewelry is a little more durable than 24K since it is mixed with harder metals like copper or silver.
T Y P E S O F S I L V E R
- 925 Silver & Sterling Silver - Are the same and is an Alloy containing 92.5% of pure silver is mixed with 7.5% of other metals (often copper, nickel or zinc) the resulting alloy is called sterling silver. is the standard for beautiful high-quality silver jewelry. It's over 90% pure silver, mixed with alloys to add strength and durability. And it won't wear down, as silver plating can.
- Rhodium - Is plated silver is fine or sterling silver that is polished and dipped in rhodium. It has a bright finish, similar to white gold items, and it doesn't tarnish. You can't have a ring sized and if you get it fixed, you ruin the plating. Rhodium is much harder and will not tarnish at all, but aside from being expensive it is also a little bit gray compared to silver. Rhodium is a silver-white hard metal often found in platinum ores. It is the most expensive precious metal. The use of rhodium plating spread to white gold and sterling silver jewelry as a means of creating a highly durable, tarnish resistant surface.
G E M S, S E M I - P R E C I O U S S T O N E S & C R Y S T A L S
Baddest Bish Ever Fine Jewelry use various beautiful Precious and Semi-Precious Stones. Most crystals are fragile, so tender love and care is essential to your crystals' longevity. Some gemstones fade after prolonged exposure to sunlight. When you’re not using your crystals, place them in a pouch or wrap them in a silk scarf to keep them safe.
S P I R I T U A L I S T S
Specialist who study the healing properties of various semi-stones like to charge their stones enhance the energy of stones via cleansing and placing them in sunlight or moonlight. If you find that helpful, here are a few resources to enhance your knowledge.
Charging Stones Resources:
How To Charge Crystals and Stones: https://bit.ly/2SV2XVW
Best Way to Charge Crystals – Sunlight or Moonlight: https://bit.ly/2S2sFDB
There are over 300 plus species of semi-precious stones. We will only list a few here because there are so many. But we provide a resource links that list of the types.
- Pearl & Cracked Pearl
- Quartz (i.e. Druzy, etc.)
G E M S T O N E S R E S O U R C E S
Wikipedia List of Gemstones By Species: https://bit.ly/2V4sKsz
Gem Rock: https://bit.ly/2BvE9dt
IGS List of Precious and Semi-Precious Stones: https://bit.ly/2N78P9l
Note: This is only a few resource links but there are many resources of precious and semi-precious stones information.
S O U R C I N G
We do our best to source stones that are ethically mined. Most of the stones in our collection come from U.S., and Turkey.
When working with vendors, we are sure to contact them for details on stone sourcing and mining. All cast pieces are made in Florida, California, and New York City along with Countries of U.S., India, Turkey, and Israel.
W H A T' S T H E D I F F E R E N C E B E T W E E N K A R A T A N D C A R A T
Carat is a unit of mass used in the jewelry industry to describe the weight of diamonds and other gemstones. One carat is equal to 200 milligrams or 0.2 grams.
A karat is a term used to describe the purity of gold. A karat is 1/24th of a portion, so 24 karat gold is pure gold. 14-karat gold is 14 parts gold and 10 parts other metals. 18-karat gold is 18/24 parts gold or 75% gold. Pure gold is very soft, so it’s usually mixed with other metals to form an alloy that’s hard, less expensive, and sometimes has a different color. The abbreviation for karat is K or k, as in “14k gold”.
W H A T' S T H E D I F F E R E N C E B E T W E E N C U B I C Z I R C O N I A A N D S W A R O V S K I C R Y S T A L
Swarovski crystal is a man-made precision cut crystal glass by the Swarovski brand in Austria. This type of crystal is known as a diamond simulant because it closely resembles diamond. The chemical coating on Swarovski crystal determines its color. Aside from clear, the crystal comes in over 84 different colors. Swarovski’s brilliance refractive index of 1.7. Brilliance is a term in gemology used to describe light reflection.
Cubic zirconia is made of zirconium dioxide which creates a softer material.
V A R I A N C E S
No two organic precious and semi-precious stones are identical. Meaning, there may be slight variances in jewelry that are in pairs. Precious and Semi-Precious Stones are closely matched for homogeneous, symmetry, size, clarity, continuity and quality.
ALL JEWELRY IS HYPOALLERGENIC